Veda Nidhi Project of Avadhoota Datta Peetham
With the inspiration and blessings of Sri Swamiji, Veda Nidhi Team members, have put excellent efforts towards remarkable progress in the last two years. Prior to this, a symposium (digital standards for Vedic Characters) was also held in December 2007.
Quotient of SUCCESS (2008 – 2010)
Quotient of SUCCESS (2008 – 2010)
1) Indic Language Fonts of Windows are Customised; to include all the Special Vedic Characters deemed necessary, with provision to include more, using Unicode Font System. (Vista & 7 support the Fonts). Devanagari, Kannada and Telugu are customised at this stage.
2) Key Board Lay Outs re-designed to assign separate key board lay outs (3 No.s), on the existing QWERTY keyboard.
3) Easy Data Entry, with Search and Sort capacity is fully enabled along with Vedic Characters.
4) Transliteration issues sorted out, with Java Technology, using IBM Source Forge.
5) Samhita, Braahmana, Aaranyaka and Upanishad Texts; Rigveda, Yajurveda, Samaveda & Atharvana Veda are type set by Veda Nidhi Team.
Action Plan for 2010 – 2011
1. Meta Data about each Mantra shall be compiled. Necessary information about each Mantra such as Chhandas (Metre), Devata (Deity), Rishi (Seer) and context of the Mantra will be provided on the side margin. Wherever necessary (as in Taittireeya Sakha of Yajurveda & Other Braahmana Texts, Division of Mantra & Braahmana would be presented in italics/ bold. Lack of this basic information (if not the meaning) of the Mantra has a debilitating impact on the Chanter (Student).
2. Summary Information about Each Sukta/ Anuvaaka and its relevance would also be included in the beginning of each chapter.
3. Mantra Anukramanika (Listing of Mantras), Glossary shall be appended with the main text in the end.
4. Contents of Each Veda Text would be provided in Devanagari, with translations in English, Telugu, Hindi, Kannada and Tamil (wherever necessary).
5. Similarly, Vedaanga texts will be typeset, along with simple meaning and made part of the curriculum.
6. Texts will be printed in Devanagari and other regional languages, wherever the users are more than 100.
7. For lesser users, the text can be taken as laser Print out as and when required.
8. All the texts shall be published on Internet Browser, with appendix, search criteria, glossary.
9. For Internet Publication, Hyper mark/ links to each chapter with tagging in PDF format shuld be available for easier search capability.
10. Scope for providing translation of commentary in Samskruta, and translations in English, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada and Tamil is included in the Browser Versions.
11. Draft Text Books shall be circulated to select Scholars, imparting education in other schools; for final proof reading, which shall be complete by Maha Sivaratri Mar 2011.
Stage 3 Module - Publication and Distribution of Vedic Texts
(An approximate Estimate)· Estimated Number of Veda Schools: 1,000
· Estimated Number of Veda Students in India: 10,000
· Number of New Batcher per Annum: 2,000
· Number of Books required per Annum: 2,000
· Cost of each Book Approximately: 200/-
· Cost of entire Set: Rs.1,000/- to Rs.2,000/- (Dependent on the Branch)
· Annual Requirement of Books: 2,000 No.s
· Annual Cost: 4,00,000/-
a) Sponsorship: Protagonists of Vedic Culture, shall be enrolled as Life Members for this project. They shall donate Rs.1,000/- annually, to sponsor the publication of Vedic Text Books.
b) Requisition: Any eligible student, requesting thru the school principal/ teacher is entitled to receive the book, at an advanced intimation of one month.
c) Price: Vedic Text books shall be distributed at 10% of the cost. (This 10% is charged for accountability, as well as postage).
d) Modus Operendi: Upon the receipt of requisition, the text shall be printed in the desired language, and the number of books shall be printed to meet the demand. (Selective Limited Printed is possible now a day, due to the advancement of printing technology, to save storage, demurrage, handling issues.
e) Objective: Thus the members, will actively support the Vedic Education, under the umbrella of Sadguru Sri Swamiji, in the aegis of Avadhoota Datta Peetham; which shall ensure that the efforts reach the logical end.